Tuesday, May 05, 2009

Spring Sports



Given Amy's experience with Soccer in the Soccer-crazed and misogynistic environment of Ghana little league sports, and given Erin's disdain at being made to go to skating over and over when she didn't want to, I have to admit that I was cynical and apprehensive about how Amy would take to T ball and Sadie to Soccer.  (Erin didn't want to sign up for anything this spring, and we're cool with that).  I mean, I'd been practicing soccer with Sadie and T Ball with Amy all the time since signing them up, and I knew that neither was too keen to practice much and that they'd much rather be doing something else altogether.  I feared the worst; that they'd hate it, that they'd not do as well as their peers, that they'd ask me not to go anymore, the whole gambit.  

I'm very very very relieved and proud to say that all of my apprehensions were unmerited.  The girls absolutely LOVED their first days!  I had no idea how much I was worrying until I experienced their joy this week!  The coaches were warm and supportive, the kids' levels were all similar, the girls were confident and they had fun!  I'm SOOOOO glad that they enjoyed sports!  I sound so negative.  I sound like such a worry wart.  I can't wait until the next practice!  Here are some photos:

Sadie's Team


She did SOOO well at running and dribbling

She is so cute in those pads!  


Amy at batting practice - She did great.  I'm glad we got a T and practiced at home.  

Amy's out there:  she's the light pink blob above and slightly to the right of the yellow and black bag.  Sorry I couldn't get any closer - I had the puppy with me and didn't want to take him out onto the field.  Take my word for it that she's throwing the ball very well.  Her catching needs quite a bit of practice, though...

Amy's T Ball group - a great bunch of kids.  Can you see her in the middle with the pink hat and brown pants?

No comments: